Nov 13, 2005

Little Chicken



I titled this one "Little Chicken" because Ari and I just saw Chicken Little and that's what she keeps insisting on calling it. It was pretty darn cute, well worth the money. But please, please, PUUULLLease, if you have a small child who cannot sit through a 90 minute movie without crying or screaming then please leave them at home. Wait for rental!
Ari was born a movie buff, she's like her Momma. When she was 2 1/2 I took her to see
Finding Nemo. I had every intention of leaving at the first sign of trouble. She sat there the entire time, never making a sound, the most she did was move to my lap before the end. She's a movie kid, most kids are not and in fact when the lights go down and the loud stereo sound comes up they get scared, despite what's on the screen.
The reason I make this plea, is the entire first 10 minute opening today was ruined for us by the 18 month old behind us screaming. It took his Mom forever to decide to leave and his older sister was in tears also as they left. I felt pretty bad for the kids, not at all bad for their idiot mom. Some theaters have a baby day which is an option for a first time baby movie goer.


The best part of Chicken Little was Zach Braff's voice. I love him, major crush, where the hell is Scrubs?! I really miss that show. Zach has a blog by the way, but he doesn't update it too often and of course it is not too personal.
I'm a little ADD today, back to the point. The movie was good, take your kids, or don't if they're not movie kids. :)



4 Comments:

At 18:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I always leave if my kids start being disruptive and can't stand it if other people don't!!

 
At 19:27, Blogger Andrew said...

But please, please, PUUULLLease, if you have a small child who cannot sit through a 90 minute movie without crying or screaming then please leave them at home.

God bless you. Every single parent in America should receive that message in their email inbox. Same goes for restaurants, airplane trips, malls, etc.

 
At 19:59, Blogger Jo said...

Jamie,
Great pics of your boys on your blog, your MIL's site for Amber is heartbreaking.
Andy,
Thanks for the support. I have to admit there are some situations that are unavoidable. I've always handled tantrums using the pick up and leave method.I pick the kid up and leave.The change of circumstance and scenery works everytime.
As for airplane rides, you can't leave and the reason for the kid's crying is probably due to inner ear pressure. Benadryl before a flight always worked for Ari. Dried up her sinuses and she slept the whole way there (I've flown with her 3 times) Her Pediatrician reccomended it.

 
At 22:23, Blogger Andrew said...

Mm. You're right. I'm childless, but I've dated a woman with young children and have been an au pair myself. (If you've read my blog, you may find that hard to believe, but it's true. Weird, but true.) I'm not completely unsympathetic to what parents have to deal with when they bring their children out into the world--a grumpy child is one, the dirty stares from other adults over said grumpy child being the other.

jamie wrote: I have to admit there are some situations that are unavoidable. I've always handled tantrums using the pick up and leave method.I pick the kid up and leave.The change of circumstance and scenery works everytime.

Amen to that. It's when parents don't that I have a problem with that, especially in the movie theater.

As for airplanes, I, too, feel like crying while I'm aboard, so who am I to begrudge a child for voicing what I feel? I numb my pain with Bloody Mary's, but I just don't think Capri Sun does the same trick for the young'uns. ;-)

Cheers,

Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home