Oct 21, 2005

Shining trailer and my day

It's remarkable how the right music and narration can make something so creepy and terrorizing seem so wholesome and sweet.
I found this link for a re-vamped trailer for the classic movie The Shining. It is way too funny especially if you've seen the film and know how it is soooo not that movie. I really did LOL and I'm not just typing the gratuitous LOL.
My clinicals went well this week. I had teenagers and discovered that I can be pretty cool with them too. Although I did have to wash lice out of one their head's today.:(
I also had a little one with a skull fracture who'd been there for weeks. He got to go home today. I was so happy for him.
But the highlight....I got to go to the PICU with one of my patients to have a very complex dressing change done under deep sedation. It was really cool! The wound care/physical therapist happened to be a girl I knew from my floor (PT covers the adult hospital and children's) So she asked me to assist. I got to practice my aseptic technique skills today and see what spinal fusion hardware looks like attached to vertebrae through a big hole in a back....way fun!

3 Comments:

At 18:44, Blogger Nurse2B said...

Wow - that shining trailer is a hoot! Sounds like a good clinical day! Take care.

 
At 19:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need blogging nurses to approve a link to your site on Sonic Nurse , which has MOVED:

http://sonic-nurse.squarespace.com/sonic-links/

The front page briefly explains what happened between eBlogger and myself.

Please contract me directly:
eauclaireliberal@yahoo.com and put "RE: Sonic Nurse" in the subject line(been getting a lot really sneaky crap over the net lately, so I have to be careful).

Thanks!
-JJ (aka Sonic Nurse)

 
At 23:05, Blogger Jo said...

heehee. One of the things that led me to believe that I could work in the profession. Watching the discovery health channel and seeing surgeries on that...without cringing.
I cringe though when animals have booboos. (Like on that emergency vet show) I can't really explain that.
~Jodi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home