Dec 28, 2005

Me the patient

Gallstone U/S courtesy of www.terarecon.com

I was a patient today.

What I didn't mention in my last post about Christmas day was I had been up all night with severe, sudden, constant abdominal pain. It radiated through to my back,no position was comfortable and after about 7 hours I finally fell asleep.

Well it happened again last night and kept me up all night. About 5 am I went next door to Cathy's she gave me a Vicodin and it still continued to hurt. When Cathy came home from work I had her take me to the ER. It was what I suspected, I have gall stones. Three of them, about the size of Gumballs. Great, good timing!

I had a good experience in the ER. I didn't go to the hospital I work at but one run by the same people. Nice nurses. She was awesome with my IV. Some IV Reglan and an IM Bentyl and I'm feeling a lot better right now. I'm terrified the pain is going to come back, I'm afraid to eat. I had a half of Ham and cheese sandwich today, and that's it.

So it looks like I'll be having a Laproscopic Cholecystectomy(Gall bladder removal) soon. I just pray it won't interfere with school and there's no complications.

I haven't called the surgeon I was referred to yet but I'll keep ya posted.

4 Comments:

At 14:58, Blogger Kim said...

Whoa, those look like GallBOULDERS to me!
You'll do fine, though! Thank goodness for laparoscopic surgery!

 
At 16:39, Blogger Jo said...

Those aren't my gallstones, someone else's but I chose that pic because it looked like what I saw on my Ultrasound, three stones instead of four, unfortunately looking the same boulder size.

 
At 17:00, Blogger Andrew said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers, luv. Just know that.

 
At 22:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I know that is the most terrible pain I was scared to eat too when I had that! You will feel so much better when it's said and done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home