Dec 6, 2005

Good grades, good tests, good votes

A 92 on my test today! I actually woke up on time for it and everything....yay me!



I also got home early today because some new Pilot assessment test that we were going to take wouldn't load onto the computers, so it was cancelled. So it's been a good day. I think it's pretty neat we take all of our tests on computers. In the past I've had a hard time with Scantron (the kind where you fill in the circles with pencil, see above pic). I'm always afraid I'll fill in the wrong circle and make all my answers wrong or just transcribe it wrong. On our PC system you can skip a question and it automatically goes back to skipped questions when you get to the end. It's also hard not to click on the answer you intended. But best of all you can see your grade and the questions you missed the moment you click "I'm finished". Pretty cool huh?

I have clinicals in post-partum this week. I'll let you know how it goes but I'm expecting it to be less exciting then Nursery and Labor and delivery. If the weather forcasters are right, we may not have clinicals or school on Thursday. They are calling for "sleet and treacherous road conditions" on Thursday morning. I know you Northern people may laugh at the schools and city closing for sleet but down here in Texas that happens about twice a year, if any, and NOBODY has the right tires or knows how to drive in that stuff. As far as me and Ari staying home on Thursday, I'm not complainin'. More time to study for the final so, Come on, Mother nature, Bring it on!

With my short day today, I'm going to fart around online for a bit then go clean Ari's room and get rid of all her older toys she doesn't play with. There's no room in there for those and the toys she'll be getting for Christmas. I plan to put them in the garage for outside toys until we can give them away or go to Goodwill.

I just love all you regular readers who check in on me.
thanks for reading and your comments. Ya'll are awesome!

5 Comments:

At 14:22, Blogger MomThatsNuts said...

HI...

came across your blog and wanted to say YAY for your test! I am trying to get my pre-req's done to get into nursing school also, but its going to take me a while, I havent finished all the classes yet, Of course I just started about a year ago...Feel free to stop by and see the crazieness that is my life, I have some good blog buddies if you need some!!
Mom

 
At 14:46, Blogger MomThatsNuts said...

Hi Jodi,

I just read your other blog about your husband. I worked as a CNA for a hospice here in Arizona for 4 years. I want to be a hospice nurse when I grow up. I am so sorry for your loss. I learned about "calling for you" while I was working, your right, sometimes you just cant say the words. Thanks for checking in on me, I am nuts its true, with 5 kids, 2 dogs and school Im going nuts-er. My sister has Thyroid cancer, I am taking next semester off of school to help tend to her and her kids. Sometimes stuff just sucks eh?? Thanks for stopping by ~~

Mom

 
At 22:43, Blogger Jo said...

I'm so sorry about your sister. Tell her "the body will listen to what the mind tells it."
I have seen first hand 2 times what the mind can do battling illness, and I've seen once what the body will do when the mind gives up.
Take care,
Jodi

 
At 22:53, Blogger MomThatsNuts said...

Thanks for that. She struggles so much everyday. It sucks to HAVE cancer and it sucks to be the one watching too. It just sucks all the way around. Thanks for the kind words, I will definatly pass them on!!!

Mom

 
At 05:34, Blogger WI Catholic said...

Post partum can be fun, working with Mom and baby, but it also can get hairy with post-partum bleeds and other things. Just a different kind of drama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home