Dec 30, 2005

Goin' under the knife


I have surgery a week from today. I'm relieved they could fit me in so early as this gives me an entire week to recover before school starts. Also with it being a Friday, Ari will go to my Mom's for the weekend which will give 2 days to sleep without having to care for a 4 year old.
As Jamie said in the comments on the post before, I'm afraid to eat. Hey, Maybe that's an idea for a new fad diet. "The New Gallstone diet" Excrutiating pain when you eat! Think of what that does for your will power! (No 30 day money back guarantee, no CODs, results may vary depending on the individual)

So, for those who don't know, Laproscopic Cholecystectomies are actually routine day surgeries now. I'll be home that night with 3 or 4 tiny incisions on my abdomen. With my surgery history, (c-section, breast reduction, 2 hip surgeries) this should be a piece a cake.
At the very least it gives this nursing student a new perspective to blog from.

2 Comments:

At 15:23, Blogger overactive-imagination said...

Good luck with your surgery. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. Be sure to (please) have someone drop a quick note on your blog to let us know that all is well.
I'm suspected of having the same thing but since all my other surgeries, I am scared to death to have another.
Things will go great! What a blessing that you won't have to chase after Ari afterwards though I know you will miss her sweet face.
Dawn

 
At 09:06, Blogger The new Third Degree Nurse said...

This does NOT sound like fun, but laproscopic should be a breeze compared to what you've been through. I wrote a newspaper story about this procedure when they first started doing them in Grand Prairie in the 80's; we were all thrilled at the way patients recovered so quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home