Aug 26, 2005

Insane and scary dream

I took a nap yesterday while Ari was at school. I'm not usually a nap taker, it's just that we're getting used to a new schedule and I was unusually tired from a week of less then 6 hours sleep a night.
Anyway, I had a very bizarre, weird and kinda scary dream. It's also unusual for me to remember my dreams. Research says most people dream every time they sleep, some remember some don't. I RARELY remember. It was so striking that I jotted the details down as soon as I woke up.
Before I describe I have to make one thing clear. My dreams as I remember them are always very choppy. Like watching a movie preview. It's scene after scene and doesn't flow or always make sense.
My dream was set in a type of Tower like mall. I felt lost in it. It all surrounded a huge spiral staircase and on the way up were stores, restaurants, stages and theaters. I know for sure that one store was a Hastings-like book and record store that had an attached restaurant. Mike worked in it and I was there to visit him. (I should note here that this was only my 3rd dream remembered about Mike since he died. In it, he points me out to some friendly old lady customers and then takes a break. We cuddle and kiss, he tells me that he loves me and that all I remember about Mike's part in the dream, but Mike seemed happy and looked really youthful and healthy. Going on along the staircase there's also theaters set up with shows and there's a telethon going on as well. I come to one theater and there is a huge African American family all of them dressed in green sitting around a theater just visiting with each other. There was a priest or reverend with them and they seemed to be waiting for someone like a guest of honor. It is at this point in the dream that I look around at the "shoppers" in the "mall" and realize that they are all dead. Nothing screams dead about them, I just somehow know. Also for some odd reason Keanu Reeves was one of them. (I think he must of snuck in there as part of my lonely libido..lol) If he dies anytime soon though, I'm going to fall over. Anyway but everyone else is deceased. Another point I remember was that at one time a huge surge of people passed me on the staircase and crushed me against the banister. I remember it hurt and sucked the wind out of me but no harm done.
Also, next to the Hastings type place was a restaurant that sold "Fish nuggets" and a type of farmer's market. (Maybe my new lower cholesterol diet was responsible for that?)
Anyway, the dream ended after that & I woke up with a yucky feeling, which is why I wrote it down.
Anyone wanna play Freud and offer some interpretations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home